This is an example of one of our tailor-made honeymoon holidays in Vietnam - we'll be pleased to design similar Vietnam vacations with dates and itinerary customised to your personal preferences. For example, you may wish to spend more or less time at any destination, or deviate from this itinerary, just contact us at our Enquiry Form page or send an email to email@example.com
A fourteen-day honeymoon package with a touch of romance and plenty of time to relax. You’ll visit Hanoi, Vietnam’s stately capital city, and its hinterland, then head north by train to visit colourful hill-tribes around Sapa in the Northern Highlands. From there, you’ll fly south to relax in either the Evason Hideaway on an isolated peninsula to the north of Nha Trang Bay, or to Le Domaine de Tam Hai, a small exclusive resort on an island just off Vietnam’s central coast.
Day 1: Arrival at Hanoi (Diner (D), Guide pick-up (GP))
Arrival Noi Bai airport in Hanoi and pick-up to your hotel. Candle-lit dinner at a restaurant in a restored French colonial building. Evening performance of traditional Water Puppetry, an art form unique to northern Vietnam, and a good, light-hearted introduction to its rural culture.
Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 2: Hanoi free (Breakfast (B))
A free day in Hanoi to spend as your wish.
Day 3: Exploring old villages in the Red River Delta (B, Lunch (L), G)
All-day trip to Duong Lam Commune is a community of six traditional village.
Afternoon: return to Hanoi for freshen-up and dinner, stopping en-route to visit the Van Phuc silk village. Late evening: pick-up to Hanoi railway station in time to board the overnight sleeper train to Lao Cai.
Alternative for Day 3:Cycling and exploring villages around Hanoi (B, L, G)
Morning: visiting Bat Trang ceramic village. Biking along the riverside dike, through some more of the many villages surrounding Hanoi. Visiting Dong Ho village - famous for its traditional paintings. Tam Tao village to enjoy its traditional Quan Ho music performed by villagers in the commune house.
Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 4: Lao Cai/Sapa (B, L, D, G)
Arrival in Lao Cai in the early morning, Jeep or Land Cruiser to Sapa. After breakfast, hiking down a scenic valley calling in at the H’mong ethnic minority villages on the way. Visiting Day ethnic minority village and overnight stay in Ban Ho in the house of one of the village’s families.
Day 5: Sapa (B, L, D, G)
Walking around Ban Ho Village and refreshing splash-around in a clear mountain spring. Stream-side picnic lunch. Afternoon return to Sapa for an overnight stay in Victoria Hotel - the best hotel in the town. Alternative accommodation is the Eco Lodge.
The Topas Eco Lodge is about 18km from Sapa. It's a newly built development of 25 individual bungalows perched on the top of a hill together with a restaurant and bar complex. Needless to say, the views across the wide valley populated with small communities of Tay, Red Dao and Black H’Mong ethnic minority people. Please note: if you choose this option, you will not be able to travel in a ‘Victoria’ railway carriage.
Day 6: Sapa/Hanoi (B, L, D, G)
The day will be your own until your private Jeep/Land Cruiser arrives to take you to Lao Cai station by jeep to catch the overnight train to Hanoi.
Day 7: Hanoi/NhaTrang (B, GP)
Arrival at Hanoi railway station, pick-up to your hotel to freshen up before breakfast. Free time time until your noon flight to Nha Trang. On arrival, you’ll find a car and driver waiting to take you to the a private jetty where a short speedboat journey will whisk you to the Evason Hideaway where you’ll spend the next seven nights. Breakfast is included
The Evason is probably Vietnam's most exclusive hotel - luxurious, ultra-stylish and an ideal honeymoon hideaway set in 120ha (300 acres) of pristine scenery. It's also one of Vietnam's most environmentally-conscious hotels.
Day 14: Nha Trang/Ho Chi Minh City departure (B, Driver pick-up (DP))
Free time in the morning until your car and driver arrive to take you to Nha Trang airport for your flight to Ho Chi Minh City to connect with your departure flight.
Alternative for Day 7 to Day 14:
Day 7: Hanoi/Danang/Le Domain de Tam Hai (B)
Noon flight to Danang. After a 90-minute drive, you’ll board a speedboat to cross to Le Domain De Tam Hai Resort where you’ll spend the next six nights. All meals are included and limited recreational facilities are available.
Le Domaine de Tam Hai offers 12 well-appointed villas with Vietnamese traditional architecture. Each villa has a large private garden opening directly on to a more or less deserted soft sand beach. It’s located on a tropical island just off the coast of central Vietnam about 40km from Hoi An Ancient Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Day 14: Le Domain de Tam Hai/Danang/Hanoi (or Ho Chi Minh City) departure (B)
After breakfast, you’ll be free until your driver arrives to take you to Danang airport for a flight to Noi Bai airport in Hanoi (or Tan Son Nhat airport in Ho Chi Minh City) to connect with your departure flight.
The prices for this sample tour are per person in US$:
These prices are valid until October 31, 2015. Please note: bank transfer fees are not included.
|Luxury Hideaway Honeymoon: Evason Hideaway
Please note that all our tours are priced in United States Dollars, in accordance with the established trading practices for tourism products within Vietnam and Southeast Asia. Equivalent quotations in £, Euro, Australian AUD are obtainable on request calculated at our prevailing exchange rate.
Our price includes:
- Breakfast and accommodation sharing a twin or double room.
- Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary above
- Candle-lit dinner as specified
- A performance of local guitarist at welcome dinner
- Domestic flight tickets: Hanoi - Nha Trang and Nha Trang - Ho Chi Minh City, including domestic airport taxes.
- Return train tickets: Hanoi - Lao Cai (air-conditioned soft four-berth cabin, Superior standard two-berth cabin in 'Tulico' carriage)
- The services of experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary by the letter ‘G’ (please note: guides will be on hand from pick-up until guests’ return to their hotel or reaching their destination). Free days or part days will not include the services of a guide unless requested and included in the final itinerary.
- Travel by private, air-conditioned vehicles with an experienced, safe driver.
- Where necessary, entry fees for all visits as mentioned in the programme.
- Lunches and dinners, as specified, in the best local restaurants, picnics where suitable restaurants are not available.
- VAT and other taxes
Our price does not include:
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Dinners, except as specified above.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Hanoi: Sofitel Metropole Hotel (*****historic colonial building in a city centre location, Classic Deluxe room - Grand Luxury Room Historic Wing)
- Sapa: Victoria Sapa Resort (**** the best hotel in Sapa, indoor swimming pool/fitness centre in separate building - Victoria Suite room)
Or Topas Eco Lodge [Basic accommodation] (twenty-five bungalows overlooking a magnificent valley - a good example of sustainable tourism, but very basic accommodation)
- Nha Trang: Six Senses Hideaway Ninh Van Bay - exclusive eco-friendly beach resort with luxurious wooden chalets and villas on a rocky peninsula at the northern end of Nha Trang Bay – upmarket addition to the Six Senses (Ana Mandara) hotel chain – Beach Front Pool Villa )
Alternative: Le Domaine de Tam Hai [Deluxe accommodation] - exclusive resort on a small island 45 kilometres from Hoi An