This is an example of one of our tailor-made holidays in Vietnam - we'll be pleased to design similar vacations with dates and itinerary customised to your personal preferences. For example, you may wish to spend more or less time at any destination, or deviate from this itinerary, just contact us at our Enquiry Form page or send an email to email@example.com
colourful ethnic culture, natural scenery, remote ethnic markets,'rafting', trekking, homestays in stilt houses, travel off the beaten track.
Central Highlands (Buon Ma Thuot, Gia Lai, Kon Tum), Sapa, Hanoi
Day 1: Buon Ma Thuot (L(Lunch), G(Guide))
Morning flight to Buon Ma Thuot transiting at Da Nang. Check-in, then visit Gia Long and Dray Nur waterfalls.
Overnight in Buon Ma Thuot.
Day 2: Buon Ma Thuot (B (Breakfast), L, G)
Visit A Co Thon village and the Ethnology museum. Drive to Lak Lake, travel in a dug-out canoe, ride through M'lieng ethnic village on an elephant.
Overnight in Buon Ma Thuot
Day 3: Buon Ma Thuot to Gia Lai (B, L, G)
Drive to Gia Lai and check in. Visit the local Banah villages.
Overnight in Gia Lai.
Day 4: Gia Lai to Kon Tum (B, L, Dinner(D), G)
Travel by road to Kon Tum. Visit a Ja Rai ethnic village and the 'Sea Lake'. Visit some of the many villages around Kon Tum, including Kon Tonghia village, Kon Robang and Kon Hngor village.
Overnight in Kon Tum
Day 5: Kon Tum to Gia Lai (B, L, D, G)
Drive to Gia Lai and hike to the source of DakBla River, and 'raft' down the river in an inflatable boat to Konkotu village.
Overnight in Gia Lai.
Day 6: Gia Lai to Da Nang to Ha Noi (B, L, D, G)
Fly to Hanoi and check in. Visit the Ethnology Museum and the Old Quarter.
Overnight sleeper train to Sapa.
Day 7: Sapa ethnic market (B, L, G)
Arrival at Lao Cai station and drive to a remote ethnic market. Return to Lao Cai and drive to Sapa.
Overnight in Sapa.
Day 8: Sapa (B, L, G)
Walk to a H'mong ethnic village. Drive to Ta Phin ethnic village.
Overnight in Sapa.
Day 9: Sapa (B, L, D, G)
Hike to Ta Van village (Day ethnic group), Giang Ta Chai village (Red Dao ethnic group) and Ban Ho Valley (Tay ethnic group).
Overnight in a local Tay 'stilt' house.
Day 10: Sapa to Ha Noi (B, L, G)
Hike to Thanh Phu village. Drive to Sa Pa. Drive to Lao Cai station for the overnight train to Ha Noi.
Day 11: Ha Noi departure (B, L, G)
Pick-up for departure flight.
The prices for this sample tour are per person in US$:
These prices are valid until October 31, 2015. Please note: bank transfer fees are not included.
Number in group
3 - 4
5 - 8
9 - 12
Supplement for single hotel room occupancy*
Please note that all our tours are priced in United States Dollars, in accordance with the established trading practices for tourism products within Vietnam and Southeast Asia. Equivalent quotations in £, Euro, Australian AUD are obtainable on request calculated at our prevailing exchange rate.
At the time of quotation, Haivenu reserves the right to adjust prices to take account of unusual movements in currency markets, hotel and transport costs as a result of inflationary price pressures in oil and other commodity markets.
* 'Single room occupancy' refers to the accommodation element of the programme only, and applies to someone who is travelling with others but requires an additional room for him or herself. Single traveller prices are available on request.
Our prices include:
- Breakfast and accommodation in a twin or double room and a homestay in Sapa.
- Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary above
- Domestic flight tickets: Ha Noi - Da Nang, Da Nang - Buon Ma Thuot, Gia Lai - Danang and Danang - Hanoi, including domestic airport taxes.
- Boat cruise and use of a dingy as described in the programme. Travel by private, air-conditioned vehicles with an experienced, safe driver.
- Return train tickets: Hanoi - Lao Cai - Hanoi (air conditioned soft four-berth cabin, good local standard in Ratraco/or Tulico carriage)
- Travel by private, air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced, safe driver The services of an experienced English-speaking guide as indicated in the itinerary Entry fees for all sightseeing as mentioned in the programme. Lunches and dinners, as specified, in the best local restaurants and picnics where suitable restaurants are not available.
- VAT and other taxes
Our prices do not include:
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Dinners except as specified above.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
Hotel list for Mid-range standard:
- Buon Ma Thuot: Dam San Hotel (***near the town centre - Deluxe room)
- Pleiku: Hoang Anh Gia Lai Hotel (**** newly open hotel, high-rise building - Superior Valley View Room) and homestay in Pleibloum Village.
- Kontum: Indochine Hotel (*** newly built hotel overlooking the Dakbla river - Deluxe room) and homestay accommodation in a traditional 'Rong house')
- Hanoi: Golden Lotus Luxury Hotel (*** boutique hotel in the heart of Hanoi's Old Quarter, a short walk from Hoan Kiem Lake, stylish furnishings and decoration art - Lotus Deluxe room)
- Sapa: Bamboo Hotel (***local standard hotel standing on the side of the mountain - good views - Superior room)
If, at the time of booking, any hotels or rooms in the list above are fully booked, we will endeavour to find accommodation of a similar standard elsewhere. If the only available accommodation is of a lower standard, we will revise the price accordingly and consult you immediately.